David Boreanaz’s ‘Angel’ beats Robert Pattinson’s ‘Edward’ as sexiest screen vampire !
Robert Pattinson has been beaten to the title of sexiest screen vampire in a new poll released today. David Boreanaz, who plays Angel in the Buffy and Angel series topped the poll (12 per cent), with Brad Pitt as Louis de Pointe du Lac in Interview with a Vampire (11 per cent) coming in second, followed by Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen in the Twilight series in third (10 per cent). The results may come as a surprise as vampire-mania sweeps across the UK with the recent launch of Twilight Eclipse.
The research, a YouGov survey of 1,173 women across the UK commissioned by Cancer Research UK’s SunSmart campaign, also shows that you don’t have to be tanned to be sexy.
- David Boreanaz as Angel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer/ Angel – 12%
- Brad Pitt as Louis de Pointe du Lac in Interview with a Vampire – 11%
- Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen in Twilight – 10%
- Kiefer Sutherland as David in The Lost Boys – 5%
- Tom Cruise as Lestat de Lioncourt in Interview with a Vampire – 3%
- Gary Oldman as Count Dracula in Dracula – 3%
- Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore in The Vampire Diaries – 2%
- Stephen Moyer as Bill Compton in True Blood – 2%
- Alexander Skarsgard as Eric Northman in True Blood – 2%
- Stephen Dorff as Deacon Frost in Blade – 1%
- None of these – 17%
- Don’t know – 31%